Last Updated: 02/27/2013
These Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions (hereinafter "Terms and Conditions") govern the purchase, use and redemption of gift certificates purchased from The Spa at Merle Norman, Greenville, NC d/b/a The Spa at Merle Norman ("The Spa at Merle Norman"). For questions, comments or suggestions, please contact The Spa at Merle Norman, Greenville, NC at:
The Spa at Merle Norman
608 East Arlington Boulevard
Greenville, NC 27858
Purchasing, Sending and Receiving Gift Certificates
- Gift certificates are void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Gift certificates cannot be used to purchase gift certificates.
- Except as provided herein, gift certificates have no cash value.
- Gift certificates are not valid until payment has been received and successfully processed by The Spa at Merle Norman, Greenville, NC.
- The Spa at Merle Norman, Greenville, NC reserves the right to refuse service or reverse any gift certificate purchase for any reason and return the funds to the purchaser.
- These terms and conditions apply to gift certificates purchased from The Spa at Merle Norman, Greenville, North Carolina, via on line, face to face or by telephone.
- Spa Gift certificates purchased on line, face to face or by telephone from The Spa at Merle Norman, Greenville, North Carolina, may be redeemed ONLY at The Spa at Merle Norman, Greenville, North Carolina. Spa Gift certificates purchased from this location are NOT valid at any other spa, business or Merle Norman location.
- No gift certificate is redeemable for refund. Gift certificates may be redeemed toward any spa treatment, retail purchase or applied to in-house account.
Redeeming Gift Certificates
- Gift certificates are only redeemable at The Spa at Merle Norman, Greenville, NC for the amount or service specified on the gift certificate, by the expiration date indicated. The Spa at Merle Norman, Greenville, NC reserves the right to convert service-based gift certificates to their monetary value, equivalent to what was paid for the gift certificate, at its option and sole discretion.
- Except as required by law, gift certificates are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a cash refund.
- Any unused balance of the gift certificate will remain until redeemed or the original expiration date indicated on the gift certificate, whichever occurs first.
- If a purchase exceeds the amount listed on the gift certificate, the redeemer is responsible for paying the difference at time of purchase.
- For security purposes, a recipient may be required to show valid ID before he or she can redeem the gift certificate.
- The Spa at Merle Norman, Greenville, NC, its agents and vendors, may provide gift certificate purchasers with information about the redemption status of gift certificates.
Cancellation and Expiration of Gift Certificates
- The Spa at Merle Norman, Greenville, NC reserves the right to immediately invalidate gift certificates, without notice, should it receive a credit card chargeback, returned check or other form of repudiated payment made towards the gift certificate.
- The Spa at Merle Norman, Greenville, NC is not responsible for lost, stolen or unauthorized use of gift certificates. Reasonable and prudent steps are taken to verify the legitimacy of a redeemer and upon full redemption or at the expiration date, the gift certificate will be identified as not valid for payment of any kind.
- The Spa at Merle Norman, Greenville, NC reserves the right to dishonor the gift certificate, if it reasonably believes it was not validly purchased, has already been redeemed, or the redeemer stole or is otherwise not the intended beneficiary of the purchaser.
- Gift certificates are not valid or redeemable after the expiration date indicated on the gift certificate.
- The Spa at Merle Norman, Greenville, NC will replace a valid lost gift certificate, provided the original gift certificate has not been redeemed and the replacement is issued to either the original purchaser or a verifiable recipient.
- The Spa at Merle Norman, Greenville, NC reserves the right to contact gift certificate purchasers, or known recipients, to remind them of upcoming expiration dates.
Miscellaneous Terms and Conditions
- The Spa at Merle Norman, Greenville, NC reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time in its sole discretion.
- The Spa at Merle Norman, Greenville, NC is not responsible for emailed gift certificates that do not reach their intended recipient for reasons beyond its control. Bounced email is not monitored. Receipt of email cannot be verified. The Spa at Merle Norman, Greenville, NC can only verify receipt of the gift certificate, if the recipient of the gift certificate actually uses the URL enclosed in the email message to access the gift certificate using an internet browser.
- The Spa at Merle Norman processes gift certificate requests as prudently as possible. The Spa at Merle Norman, Greenville, NC is not responsible for late delivery of gift certificates.
- THE SPA AT MERLE NORMAN, GREENVILLE, NC, ITS AGENTS AND AFFILIATES, MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO GIFT CERTIFICATES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN THE EVENT A GIFT CERTIFICATE NUMBER OR BAR CODE IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND THE SPA AT MERLE NORMAN, GREENVILLE, NC'S SOLE LIABILITY, SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH GIFT CERTIFICATE, PROVIDING THAT RESEARCH INDICATES THAT SAID GIFT CERTIFICATE IS VALID.
- Gift certificates, and these Terms and Conditions, are subject to and governed by the laws of North Carolina, without reference to its principles of conflicts of law.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions should, for any reason, be held invalid, prohibited by law or unenforceable in any respect, such term will not apply. However, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall be enforced to the full extent permitted by law. A court of competent jurisdiction is hereby empowered to modify the invalid, prohibited or unenforceable provision to make it valid and enforceable.
- Risk of loss will pass to the purchaser of the gift certificate upon the electronic transmission of such gift certificate to the recipient or purchaser.